To those newbies to Sub_Urban State imagine:
- Beer in branded plastic cups. Cool logos make beer taste better. Always.
- Hipsters galore – the Braamfotein and Maboneng crowd combined. (With a few misplaced, but welcome, stragglers here and there)
- The perfect urban environment, sunsets included.
- Rooftop vibes. Something reminiscent of New York. Something them Cape Tonians down south don’t have.
- A groovy canopy dance floor – this time boasting electronic favourites Liver, Niskerone, Feed the Animals, Andrew the DJ, Ill.gates (all the way from Canada)… etc. If you don’t believe me check the Facebook event.
To those frequent sub_urbaners you know why you’re coming back.
- The coolest cats in Jozi will be there. Yourself included of course.
- Their beer – somehow Castle Light and Black Label taste better on rooftops.
- Liver, Niskerone, Feed the Animals, Andrew the DJ, Ill.gates (all the way from Canada)…etc. If you don’t believe me check the Facebook event.
- Those photo opportunities as the sun sets below our beloved skyline.
- Who doesn’t want to drink, be merry, laugh, dance, take photos, act cool, be cool on a rooftop?
There’s no way to say no now. See y’all there.
Words by Rosa Elk